The Bible, which contains the collection of the books of the Hebrew Canon and those of the New Testament, remains the rigorous scientific discipline (Deuteronomy 4:2, 5:32, Isaiah 40:8, Matthew 5:17-18, 28:19, Luke 16:17, et cetera) which sets the rules of eternal love, of eternal faith, of eternal behavior, and the temporary shadows (Colossians 2:16) of the redemptive incarnation of the Tetragrammaton YHWH God (Deuteronomy 6:4, Exodus 15:3, Malachi 3:6, Luke 1:35, 2:11, John 5:46, 8:56-58) who is to be known among mankind under the Hebrew name YHOSHUA (Jesus in English). Matthew 1:21.
The Bible is timeless, immutable, unchangeable, unchanging as the One who gave it to Moses (Exodus 33:11, Deuteronomy 6:4, 34:10, Malachi 3:6, John 5:46-47, Hebrews 13:8).
The Bible is codified for the perfection of each man who is willing to take advantage of the offer of another shot at his lost immortality, which is powered by the grace of the incarnated God Creator YHOSHUA (Jesus) because, according to the Word of YHWH God (Jesus), each man is as god as YHWH God who was fashioned at the image of YHWH God and His New God the Father whom Jesus revealed to whomever He chooses (Luke 10:22).
What to hold to and and what to discard from the Scriptures?
The New Testament validates Eternal Faith, Eternal Behavior, and the fulfilment of the shadows of YHWH God to become flesh to be known as Yhoshua (Jesus). Colossians 2:16, John 1, Romans 10:9-11, Luke 1:35, 2:11, John 3:16.
Determine whether or not your biblical questions pertain to one of the three themes which the Bible covers. Anything pertaining to the shadows of things pointing to death of Jesus is no longer biding to be kept because it also requires the erected Temple and the priesthood to resume the rites in Israel and within the Temple.
The Genesis hallowed sabbath day of YHWH or of Jesus has remained in force because it was instituted at the creation of time as the day which belongs to Jesus. The last supper was instituted as a remembrance. Love one another was added as a new commandment. So, in Moses, all the old feasts or festivals pointing to the redemptive works of YHWH God, which were tied to Israel and the erected Temple, and the local judgments calling for the death penalty are no longer valid.
Behavioral rules can never be adjusted or changed in any generation. Faith in Jesus, the Only God Saviour (YHWH), gives eternal life.
Again, keeping in mind all the preceding summary, anyone can find the answer to their own biblical questions.
Many believers reject the Old Testament, in whole or in part, because, as it is called, the Scriptures are indeed old, since Moses. Yet, Jesus says that the Old Testament gives eternal life and knowledge about Him.
Logically, then, if we dismiss the Old Testament, we are forfeiting the way to salvation and the knowledge of who Jesus is, which is a knowledge to be confessed or admitted by each mouth of every believer, a knowledge that is also necessary for salvation (John 17:3, Romans 10:9-11, Philippians 2:9-11).
But it is easier for heaven and earth to pass away than for one stroke of a letter in the Torah to become void. Luke 16:17 CJB
(17) “Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill. (18) For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished. Matthew 5:17-18 NASB
And you shall be careful to do as Jehovah your God has commanded you; you shall not turn aside to the right or left. Deuteronomy 5:32 KJ3
Joshua 1:7-8 KJ3
(7) Only be strong and very brave, so that you may take heed to do according to all the Law which Moses My servant commanded you. Do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may act wisely wherever you go. (8) This book of the Law shall not depart out of your mouth, and you shall meditate on it by day and by night, so that you shall be on guard to do according to all that is written in it. For then you shall prosper your way, and then you shall act wisely.
Only what has been fulfilled can be ignored in the Scriptures
(17) “Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish [loosen] but to fulfill. Matthew 5:17 NASB
(34) Jesus spoke all these things in parables to the crowds, and He did not speak to them without a parable, (35) so that was fulfilled that spoken through the prophet, saying: “I will open My mouth in parables; I will speak out things hidden from the foundation of the world.” Psa. 78:2. Matthew 13:34-35 KJ3
(10) And coming near, the disciples said to Him, Why do You speak to them in parables? (11) And answering, He said to them, To you it has been given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of Heaven, but it has not been given to those. Matthew 13:10-11 KJ3
(9) And His disciples questioned Him, saying, What might this parable be? (10) And He said, To you it has been given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God, but to the rest in parables, that seeing they might not see, and hearing, they might not understand. Isa. 6:9. Luke 8:9-10 KJ3
(33) And many such parables He spoke the Word to them, even as they were able to hear. (34) But He did not speak to them without a parable. And He explained all things to His disciples privately. Mark 4:33-34 KJ3
(11) And this is the parable: The seed is the Word of God. (12) And those by the roadside are those who hear, then the devil comes and takes away the Word from their heart, lest believing they may be saved. Luke 8:9-15 KJ3. Et cetera.
The false teachers assign new meanings to common words of everyday speech, as Satan did with Eve, to rob us our salvation
NOBODY in the Old Testament, not Moses, no Prophet, no Apostle in the New Testament had the authority to add to or to decree additional RELIGIOUS feasts, holidays, or festivals in addition to those which Jesus gave to Moses. Those feasts had been fulfilled and are now obsolete (Colossians 2:16-17).
If any believer of today observes any RELIGIOUS feast in honor of Jesus or God, except the remembrance of the last supper which Jesus mandates, that believer is not of God. The believer is in violation of Mark 7:7 because that believer is following doctrines or commandments of men. In other words, that believer will not be saved since the worship is in vain.
Colossians 2:16-17 YLT
(16) Let no one, then, judge you in eating or in drinking, or in respect of a feast, or of a new moon, or of sabbaths,
(17) which are a shadow of the coming things, and the body is of the Christ;
Do the verses give us a license to eat, drink whatever, and to ignore the seventh day Sabbath?
Regarding eating, Jesus gave Moses a list of what to eat and not to eat. There is no one author of the New Testament who has eating forbidden food, if we care to look carefully. The Old Testament has no forbiddance on drinking, except for the use of 'strong drinks'. Most importantly, Jesus says in Matthew 5:17 that He did not come to loosen the Law and the Prophets or to relax the old forbiddances. He said He came to fulfill. If we can put aside our passion for a type of food, can anyone seriously or critically think that the list of what to eat and not eat was a shadow that was to be fulfilled? Fulfillment means 'to not do it anymore' but not to reverse a forbiddance. If Jesus fulfilled eating and drinking on the cross, we must all stop eating and drinking. However, it is not possible to stop eating and drinking.
Also, can the seventh day Sabbath of Genesis, the only one day of God [Isaiah] in the seven days be fulfilled on the cross? Does it make sense that the Sabbath day had stopped being the day of God (Jesus) because Jesus died on the cross and knowing that Jesus called the seventh day His own day(). Forgive my English, but both arguments in favor of eating anything or discarding the seventh day Sabbath is pure nonsense!
Therefore, we must look deeper for the scope of Colossians 2:16-17.
The Old Testament does speak of meat offerings and drink offerings which, along with new moons, festivals, and festivals, are a shadow of things to come. Those are what were a shadow of things to come because of their sacrificial or ceremonial nature and because nothing in the Torah, the Law, or the Prophets may be changed or loosened (Luke 16:17-31). Let us admit that no intelligent or critical thinking mind can think that the seventh day rest of Genesis or the discrimination between the type of meat to eat is a shadow of things to come. Jesus would have felt the same way.
Genesis 8:20 ASV
(20) And Noah builded an altar unto Jehovah, and took of every clean beast, and of every clean bird, and offered burnt-offerings on the altar.
Exodus 20:24 ASV
(24) An altar of earth thou shalt make unto me, and shalt sacrifice thereon thy burnt-offerings, and thy peace-offerings, thy sheep, and thine oxen: in every place where I record my name I will come unto thee and I will bless thee.
Leviticus 23:18 ASV
(18) And ye shall present with the bread seven lambs without blemish a year old, and one young bullock, and two rams: they shall be a burnt-offering unto Jehovah, with their meal-offering, and their drink-offerings, even an offering made by fire, of a sweet savor unto Jehovah.
Leviticus 23:37 ASV
(37) These are the set feasts of Jehovah, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, to offer an offering made by fire unto Jehovah, a burnt-offering, and a meal-offering, a sacrifice, and drink-offerings, each on its own day;
Numbers 28:14 ASV
(14) And their drink-offerings shall be half a hin of wine for a bullock, and the third part of a hin for the ram, and the fourth part of a hin for a lamb: this is the burnt-offering of every month throughout the months of the year.
Colossians 2:16-17 teaches that there are no more feasts nor sabbaths to keep observing. Colossians 2:16-17 does not teach to stop eating and drinking, to stop keeping the seventh day Sabbath because those activities were shadows or a symbolism of things to come. Only the minds which are bent to welcome fables and falsehood can believe otherwise:
2 Timothy 4:1-4 LEB
(1) I solemnly charge you before God and Christ Jesus, who is going to judge the living and the dead, and by his appearing and his kingdom,
(2) preach the word, be ready in season and out of season, reprove, rebuke, exhort, with all patience and instruction.
(3) For there will be a time when they will not put up with sound teaching, but in accordance with their own desires, they will accumulate for themselves teachers, because they have an insatiable curiosity,
(4) and they will turn away from the hearing of the truth, but will turn to myths.
As detailed above, according to Matthew 5:17-18, THE BIBLE CONTENT MAY NOT CHANGE IN ANY WAY AND, AS SUCH, IT IS NOT UP FOR DEBATES FOR ACCEPTANCE, REJECTION, OR DISMISSAL OF ANYTHING IN HER. ONLY THE FULFILLED PORTION OF HER CONTENT CAN BE DISMISSED.
There is one principle in the Bible that was broken, and that transgression spearheaded all the tragic drama on earth. The absolute principle remains that GOD RULES every single aspect of our life. The pattern is, God commands or prohibits a behavior but Satan dismisses it and counters it with his own version to lead someone to not do what God commands.
We do not see Satan and we do not see God. However, what we do is either influenced by Satan or by God. If you hear any religious pundit genius making a solid counterpoint against any iota in the Bible (Matthew 5:17-18), know that whoever that genius spiritual leader may be, he/she is actually an Antichrist (1 John 2:18-27) inspired by the beast of Apocalypse.
The principle established by God may appear insignificant. For example, after the flood and after the Exodus, way down to Jesus and forever, God commanded man to eat, in addition to green plants (Genesis 9:3-4, Deuteronomy 12:23-24), flesh but not with the blood or with the fat (Leviticus 3:17). God listed what kind of flesh may and may not be eaten. However, many religious spiritual leaders and pundits counter that the order from God to eat meat was temporary and not recommended any way because God did not tell Adam and Eve to eat flesh or did not design our stomach to digest flesh and because there are reliable scientific studies that show that meat is poison to our body and shortens our longevity, et cetera. That is the same original eternal pattern of peddling the word of God in the garden of Eden. It is the same pattern of lie in all circumstances of life when we act against the clear expressed will of God. Hence, being a vegetarian based on the aforementioned false reasonings makes us Antichrists because while Jesus told man to eat approved animal flesh we counter His order with the satanic pattern of misinformation or, in the language of American Republican mindset of the twenty-first century, with pattern of fake news. Substitute the doctrine of flesh eating with any other doctrine we dislike in the Bible, like Sabbath keeping, to see the consequences of the pattern of Eden satanic teaching. Whoever teaches against eating meat or Sabbath keeping is an Antichrist (Colossians 2:16-23).
If you are a human being and you can read, set your heart, not your mind, to understand it (Matthew 13: 15) so you can adjust your behavior accordingly (Luke 16:19-31). Pray so that her star (john 5:39, Luke 24:44) can be revealed to you (Luke 10:22; 24:45; Ephesians 3:4; Matthew 13:35) so you can hear his true voice (john 10:16,27). Part of her content describes the call on all man to do and behave as it is written in Moses, which is the eternal reference of acceptable behaviors to god yesterday, today, tomorrow, and as long as this world still exists (Matthew 5:17-18; Ephesians 5;17). Now, the rules on behavior are old (Hebrews 13:8; Malachi 3:6; 1 peter 1:11-12) but that is fairness and justice in that no generation may whine because Jesus made it easier in another generation (Luke 16:17).